Mini air vehicles (MAV) with vertical take-off and with flapping wings
Документ Без Имени
There’re a number of tasks, connected with observation of land and see, oil and gas mains, electric lines, controlling of emergency situations, different production processes etc.
These tasks are partially completed with pilot-controlled, unmanned flying machines and satellites or aren’t completed at all. Using of present types of flying machines cause high costs and doesn’t provide operating and high-quality information.
That’s why the advanced countries began to develop the radio controlled mini- and micro air vehicles. More than 250 companies started to conceptualize these types of flying machines based on aircraft and helicopter configuration. The developed machines indicated more advantages comparing with previous flying machines in point of low costs and efficiency. But they also have a number of essential disadvantages (low value of flight weight per engine power unit, low maneuverability etc.). The helicopter configuration allows improving of maneuverability, but also shows a low economical efficiency, what cause a low flight time resource. For this reason the scientists look for new ways to essential improvements in efficiency and maneuverability values of mini- and micro air vehicles.
There’re 2 main development directions:
Mini air vehicle with vertical take-off: flying saucer
J.L. Naudin constructed a flying mechanism in a form of a saucer. Lift power is based on propeller that pushes air down. Thrown air on its way down flows around saucer-shaped surface on which is created the additional lift power (Coanda effect)
1. GFS has the additional lift power compared to ordinary flying platforms.
2. It is reasonable to continue the development of such direction (saucer-form as base)
Lift power is created by the ducted propeller (on the top of the saucer), the controlling goes with deflected shells at the mechanism bottom. Nowadays there’re a number of companies, which are engaged in mechanism development based on this such configuration: link
But these mechanisms have a number of disadvantages: compensation need of reaction moment from propeller rotting, low efficiency and maneuverability values.
Mini air vehicles with flapping wings
Currently a number of development engineers give attention to air vehicles with flapping wings:
A multimode (flying/crawling) insect is being developed by Robert Michelson and his design team from the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
1. During several decades we have experimentally got the theoretical results of an oscillating engine-mover complex (see following link).
2. We experimentally got based on oscillating wing by hover mode the values more than 150 kG/HP. Referring to the real flying machine factoring in engine and transmitting elements power losses we will get a value of 60 kG/HP. It’s many times better than values of hovering helicopter
Characteristics of future vertical take-off air vehicle with flapping wings
The lift power and draft of such air vehicle are based on oscillating working elements (KNOW-HOW). There following advantages compared to traditional micro and mini air vehicles:
1. Lower engine power.
2. Lower weight of engine, transmitting elements, fuel system, fuel.
3. Less machine dimensions by the same net load.
4. Less cost of machine.
5. The machine running will be lower in costs.
6. Vertical take-off, hovering, lowering, six degrees of freedom by maneuver
7. Better controllability by low speeds.
8. Safety (the contact with the wing is safely, no need of safety barrier)
9. External view of flying machine with oscillating mover is more attractive than by propeller machine.
10. Using as promotional, sport and entertaining equipment etc.
We look for investor and fellow partner construction of extra economical and maneuvering radio-controlled flying vehicles with flapping wings.
We can make research and developmental work on creation of the first samples of new highly effective technics (on the basis of our theoretical and experimental researches). We search for investors and partners for creation of the first samples of this new technics.
Копирование и перепечатка материалов, статей и файлов с данного сайта допускается только с письменного согласия Сорокодума Е.Д. и ООО "Вихре-Колебательные Технологии" (С) 2000-2013 Copying and reprinting materials, articles and files from this site is permitted only with the written consent of Sorokodum Evgeny and "Vortex Oscillation Technology Ltd." (C) 2000-2013